CSP® (Certified Speaking Professional)™
Be Recognized at the Highest Level: Get Certified
There are countless speakers on the market vying for the same engagements as you, but you know that you have a powerful message that resonates with your audience. How can you show your clients that you're not just another speaker trying to get on stage, but a speaking professional who wants to help audiences face their biggest challenges?
By earning your CSP designation, you can prove to meeting professionals that you are among the top echelon of professional speakers who have earned this international designation that only about 17 percent of NSA members worldwide have earned.
With this designation, meeting professionals looking to work with the best speakers will see your commitment to the profession and know you have top-notch speaking ability with a track record of professionalism and success.
Become a member of the CSP Class of 2021
Before you apply for your CSP, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
1) Be a member of NSA or any of the GSF associations for a minimum of one continuous year. You cannot have a gap in your membership status.
2) Have proof of attendance of one NSA/GSF association convention within the last 10 years. (For NSA events, your NSA database record will substantiate.)
3) You must have attended, or listened to, the audio recordings of the three required CSP educational sessions: How to Earn Your CSP, Professional Competencies, and Business Ethics presented by panels of experts. A post-test will follow the three sessions and must be successfully completed (pass/fail) before advancing to the next stage. Please note that only these virtual programs specifically developed for the Class of 2021 will qualify.
The applications will be available September 4, 2020 (12:00pm PDT) until January 11, 2021 (11:59pm PDT). Applications received after January 11, 2021 will not be considered.
We understand that many of you saw a drastic change or reduction in your business this year due to the COVID19 pandemic, which may have changed if you qualify for the designation. If you have specific questions about if you can still apply, please email us at MemberServices@NSAspeaker.org and allow us two business days to respond.
How to apply:
Step 1 | Online Application
Fill out the online application, which will be available here on Sept. 4 at 12:00pm PDT.
Step 2 | Required CSP Sessions and Questionnaire
Applicants must watch the video recordings of the three required CSP educational sessions: How to Earn Your CSP, Business Ethics, and Professional Competencies, presented by panels of experts. A post-test will follow each of the three sessions and must be successfully completed (pass/fail) before advancing to the next stage. Please note that only the virtual programs specifically developed for the Class of 2021 will qualify.
Click the button below to login into NSA OnDemand, then click on the My Learning button to access the CSP educational recordings and assessment course.
Step 3 | Documentation
Fill out your presentation spreadsheet documenting a minimum of 250 paid presentations.
Please note that this is a long process. While 250 paid presentations is the minimum required, providing more is typically better.
Presentations can be discarded from the list as non-qualifying (see page 4 of the How to Earn your CSP document to learn more about qualifying presentations). Your spreadsheet must also demonstrate that for five of the past 10 years, you earned a minimum of $50,000 for your speaking engagements.
Step 4 | Payment
An invoice of $375 will be added to your NSA account within three business days of submitting your application form, or you can call NSA HQ at 480-968-2552 to make a payment. You will need to pay this invoice before we begin reviewing your application and documents.
Is administrative in nature and ensures the following:
- You are in good standing with your member (NSA or GSF) association
- Your membership has been continuous
- The professional education requirements have been met
- Documentation on the presentation spreadsheet satisfies the presentation count and income requirement
Is external in nature and ensures that your reviewers/clients independently complete an online and standardized evaluation of our speaking presentations. There is a minimum requirement of 20 external reviewers.
Is internal in nature and ensures that your video submission is independently evaluated by a number of internal reviewers (who currently hold the CSP designation) by completing an online and standardized evaluation of your video.
Is the final review by the NSA Board of Directors.
Renewing Your CSP Designation
Earning the CSP designation is a demanding process. Keeping your CSP designation is much easier than re-applying. To renew your CSP designation, you must:
- Renew every five (5) years
- Earn 24 NSA and/or Global Speakers Federation (GSF) education credits in each five-year renewal period
- Influence = 8 credits
- Winter Conference = 4 credits
- CSP/CPAE Summit = 8 credits
- Chapter membership = 1 credit/year; maximum 5 credits
- Pay the $200 administrative fee
- Have continuous membership in NSA and/or GSF member associations
Lifetime CSP status is available for speakers age 65 and older who have renewed their CSP designation at least once and continue to maintain NSA/GSF membership without interruption.
For questions about CSP or to submit documents, please email CSPadmin@NSASpeaker.org.
The 2018 CSP online portion of the application process will be available after September 1, 2017.