NSA Youth Leadership Conference
The NSA Youth Conference helps develop young leaders who are becoming Influencers for positive change. We do this by building community, offering education around key skills and values, creating shared experiences, and facilitating discussions that make the learning practical and personal. Each summer, at the National Speakers Association’s capstone, Influence Conference, about 150 young men and women between the ages of 10-17, attend the NSA Youth Conference – an incredible event that is just for them, but completely congruent with NSA’s mission: Impacting the world in a positive, substantive way by improving ourselves while helping others grow and succeed.
2019 THEME: INSTRUMENTS OF INFLUENCE
This year, our YLC chair, Bronkar Lee, will be playing on a musical theme, bringing content that focuses on instrumental values of leadership, speaking skills, and conflict resolution. Youth are our future (even current) influencers, and it is important we equip them with the necessary skills to help them overcome the ever-changing challenges they face in the world today. Young men and women in this program form relationships that are real and wonderful, making friends around the world. They tackle difficult issues together and encourage one another to step up and lead in life.
SKILLS AND VALUES
All content provided is guided by our core values: integrity, inclusion, generosity, compassion, respect, positivity, curiosity, and vision. We believe powerful Influencers must possess critical skills that enable action. Thus, we teach the following skills in age-specific ways, and with support and guidance of leading experts, authors, and speakers: communication, problem solving, team building, conflict resolution, active listening, and leadership. The conference ends with a powerful validation of appreciation for one another, as well as the chance to express goals, intentions and commitments post-con.
The youth is the hope of our future
YOUTH REGISTRATION SCHOLARSHIP
We are excited to introduce a new scholarship for YLC registration. There will be THREE scholarships awarded! Please read below for submission guideline requirements and deadlines:
- 500-600 word essay answering the following question: What does being an Instrument of Influence mean to you?
- Submit completed essays by 2:00pm EST, Friday, May 3, 2019 to Schemika Napoleon at email@example.com
- Recipients will be notified May 17, 2019
- Scholarship recipients must consent to being photographed, and be willing to present a one minute presentation to Youth Conference attendees about their winning essay
Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence, and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team mates and customers.
YOUTH LEADERSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Calling all leaders! Are you 18 years or older, and enjoy working with youth? Great news! You have the opportunity to apply as a Youth Leader for the NSA Youth Leadership Conference. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to be a role model and help provide a fun and interactive learning experience for our youth attendees. Please see below for details and requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply
- Complete and submit the Youth Leader application online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C85R89J
- Application deadline: 2:00pm EST on Friday, April 12, 2019
- Leaders selected will be notified by April 19, 2019
- For questions please contact Schemika Napoleon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronkar Lee: YLC 2019 Chair
When registering for Influence 2019, you will have the option to add Youth Conference as a seperate session before you checkout. Please note:
- Youth registration closes Friday, June 28, 2019
- Youth registration rate: $650/youth
How to add a Youth Registration to an Existing Influence Registration:
- Login to your myNSA account
- Click on Influence 2019 under the Events section
- Select "Change Sessions"
- Click "Change Sessions" to view Sessions & Workshops
- Next to "NSA Youth Leadership Conference" enter the quantity of youth you’d like to register and click save
- Enter the first and last name(s) of the youth and click continue
- This will bring you to the payment page
- Once you’ve submitted payment, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to a registration/medical consent form to be submitted per youth
Please Note: The youth registration is not considered complete until this form is received by NSA Headquarters
For further questions, please contact Schemika Napoleon at (480)968-2552 or at schemika@NSAspeaker.org