What is the NSA Foundation?
The NSA Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the National Speakers Association and serves to help those members and families of our NSA Community, as well as those in need in our larger global community. It is devoted to upholding the spirit of serving, sharing and supporting embodied by our founder Cavett Robert, CSP, CPAE. The Foundation is able to act on behalf of our members to do something that comes naturally in the speaking profession – helping others.
How did the Foundation get its start?
The NSA Foundation was established in 1983 by Founder and Chairman Emeritus Nido Qubein, CSP, CPAE and the NSA Board of Directors. It is governed by the NSA Foundation Board of Trustees. Specific awards are reviewed by the Scholarship, Professional Speakers Benefit Fund (PSBF), and Art Berg Fund Grant committees under the guidelines established for each program. Most contributions to the NSA Foundation are tax deductible; however, contributors are encouraged to consult with a tax professional regarding any contributions/donations made.
How is the Foundation helping NSA members and the public?
Today, the Foundation serves members and the public through:
- Financial help (PSBF) for NSA members who have suffered either personal health or natural disaster emergencies;
- Scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in public speaking;
- Grants (Art Berg) to help charitable organizations communicate through technology; and
- Grants to support a charity each year in the city of our annual Convention.
Does one of these scenarios apply to you or someone you know?
- A health crisis is leading to financial disaster for yourself, your family, or someone you know in NSA who has been a member for at least three years.
- You have suffered catastrophic losses due to a natural disaster.
- You are a current or former long-term NSA member who has outlived your assets and are having trouble keeping yourself and your family afloat.
- You have a student or know of a student who needs help with college tuition.
- You are part of a non-profit organization that is struggling to find the funds for technology issues.
Contact NSA Headquarters at 480-968-2552 or email Jessica@NSAspeaker.org for more information.