To be eligible for professional membership, you need to meet one of the following criteria and provide supporting documentation. Supporting documentation can be any of the following: contracts, paid invoices, check copies, speaker agreements, tax returns or documents showing revenue has been generated as a result of your speaking engagements, or, in the case of option 2, a letter from your employer.
- Option 1 – You have received compensation for 20 or more presentations to audiences of 15 or more within the 12 months prior to application.
- Option 2 – You have given 20 or more presentations to audiences of 15 or more as part of a salaried position within the 12 months prior to application.
- Option 3 – You have earned $25,000 or more giving presentations to audiences of 15 or more within the 12 months prior to application (regardless of the number of engagements).
Not sure if you qualify for professional membership? Contact NSA Member Services at 480-968-2552 or email MemberServices@NSAspeaker.org.
Professional Members enjoy these benefits:
- Ability to update your contact info, renew your membership, register for events, and see your payment history through the members only portal
- Exclusive member only benefits from NSA partners
- Member discounts to all NSA national events
- Access to social media networks, including a members-only group.
- Subscription to Speaker magazine and Voices of Experience® audio magazine (VOE) – 10 issues/year (hard copy); also access to Speaker magazine blog ($74 value)
- Leadership and service opportunities through local chapter membership
Professional membership is a $540 initial investment with a $465 annual renewal.
Resignation of Membership
Any member resigning from membership shall not be entitled to any refund of dues or other fees as stated in the Association’s bylaws. The resigning member remains obligated to pay any outstanding indebtedness to the Association.