Certified Speaking Professional® (CSP) Certification
Be Recognized at the Highest Level: Get CertifiedAs a member of NSA, you can also start preparing for the Certified Speaking Professional® (CSP) designation. Conferred by the National Speakers Association, the CSP is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform competence. When you earn your CSP designation, meeting professionals looking to hire the best of the best will see your commitment to the profession, know you have top-notch speaking ability and a track record of professionalism and success.
About 12 percent of the 5,000 + speakers worldwide, who belong to the Global Speakers Federation, currently hold this professional designation. This means you’ll be recognized as one of the best in your field and set yourself apart for an even more successful speaking career.
The CSP designation is earned through demonstrating competence in professional standards:
- Platform skills
- Business management
Where do I start?Start the process to earn your CSP for 2016 submission. The deadline to apply is Monday, January 12, 2016.
- Professional member in good standing of NSA or a member association of the GSF for 12 continuous months (1 year) immediately prior to submitting your application.
- Attend one (1), either NSA or member association of the GSF, national in-person event in the past 10 years. (Eligible years include 2006 through the end of 2015.)
- Attend the Professional Competencies session AND Professional Business Ethics session, or purchase and listen to session recordings, within 10 years prior to submitting your application. Recordings are available for purchase through the Live Learning Center by clicking on the links below:
- Document 250 paid presentations delivered in the past ten years. (Eligible years include 2006 through the end of 2015.) Download Template.
- A speech is defined as a live spoken presentation delivered to a live audience of 3 or more attendees. The speech may be delivered in person, or virtually (webinars, teleseminars).
- Document the income earned for each presentation to show total earnings of $50,000 USD per year* for five of the ten years. (Years do NOT have to be consecutive.) *International applicants please contact Sarah.
- The fee paid for a presentation and/or revenue generated from same day product sales count as your income.
- Provide names of individual clients willing to complete an online evaluation of your work. NSA must receive 20 completed evaluations within two weeks from date sent. A total average evaluation score of 28 out of 36 must be received for application to advance. Download Template.
- Submit link to a Public or Unlisted YouTube video recording of a full, in-person, unabridged presentation, 60 minutes in length, but no longer than 90 minutes, or a continuous unabridged 60 minute excerpt from an appreciably longer presentation, such as an all day workshop or training, for review by a four member CSP panel. The panel wants to see a presentation that is representative of what you get paid for, and of your skills.
- Salaried employees may be eligible to apply.