Whether you want to grow or sustain your speaking business, reach a wider audience or generate revenue, a professional NSA membership will help you become a master of your market.
To be eligible, you only need to meet ONE of the following professional membership criteria:
Option 1 – You have received compensation for 20 or more presentations within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be any of the following: contracts, paid invoices, check copies, speaker agreements, tax returns or documents showing revenue has been generated as a result of your speaking engagements.
Option 2 – You have given 20 or more presentations to audiences of 15 or more as part of a salaried position within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation: a letter from your employer.
Option 3 – You have earned $25,000 or more giving presentations (number of speaking engagements does not matter) within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be: contracts, paid invoices, check copies or tax returns showing speaking income.
New Member Investment
The initial investment to join NSA is $640 ($175 initiation fee, plus $465 annual membership dues). This includes a wide range of great benefits, including:
- Belong to a community of Professional speakers that provide a network of business support and friendship that can last a lifetime
- Ideas, inspiration and advice from the best speakers in the business
- Participation in your local NSA Chapter, NSA's Professional Experts Groups (PEG’s) and NSA Community Groups
- Access to exclusive speaker business-building information, including webinars, mobile apps, CDs, DVDs, and access to an exclusive members-only website and social media groups
- The opportunity to earn the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation
- One-year subscription to Speaker magazine
- Voices of Experience audio magazine
- Listing in our online directory of speakers
- Discounts to NSA meetings
- $100 non-transferable certificate good toward a future NSA meeting registration fee (redeemable within two years of your membership month)
- Information on how to generate revenue through books, products and licensing
- The chance to help shape and define the speaking industry through NSA' s Committees and other leadership opportunities
- The chance to earn credit toward a degree based on your speaking experience, serve as faculty, or rent a state of the art facilities through NSA's partnership with the University of Phoenix
After your first year, the annual renewal fee is just $465--giving you a whole new year's worth of these benefits.
Take the first steps becoming an NSA member and contact us today.
Questions about our membership requirements? Call (480) 968-2552.
Don't qualify for Professional membership yet? Join the Academy for Professional Speaking, a membership program designed for aspiring speakers still honing their professional profile.