Master Your Market as a Professional Member
Whether you want to grow or sustain your speaking business, reach a wider audience or generate revenue, a professional NSA membership will help you become a master of your market.
To be eligible, you only need to meet ONE of the following professional membership criteria:
- Option 1 – You have received compensation for 20 or more presentations within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be any of the following: contracts, paid invoices, check copies, speaker agreements, tax returns or documents showing revenue has been generated as a result of your speaking engagements.
Option 2 – You have given 20 or more presentations to audiences of 15 or more as part of a salaried position within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation: a letter from your employer.
Option 3 – You have earned $25,000 or more giving presentations (number of speaking engagements does not matter) within the 12 months prior to application. Supporting documentation can be: contracts, paid invoices, check copies or tax returns showing speaking income.
New Member Investment
The initial investment to become an NSA member is $465, plus a $175 initiation fee. This includes a wide range of great benefits, including:
- One-year subscription to Speaker magazine
- Voices of Experience audio magazine
- Listing in our online directory of speakers
- Discounts to NSA meetings
- $100 non-transferable certificate good toward a future NSA meeting registration fee (redeemable within two years of your membership month)
- Participation in NSA's Professional Experts Groups (PEGs) and Community Groups
- The opportunity to earn the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP)® designation
- Access to membership in your local NSA Chapter
- A community of professional speakers that provide a network of professional and personal support and friendship that can last a lifetime
- The opportunity to help shape and define the speaking industry through NSA’s Committees and other leadership opportunities
- The chance to earn credit toward a degree based on your speaking experience, serve as faculty, or rent state of the art facilities through NSA’s partnership with the University of Phoenix
- Access to an evolving suite of innovative benefits designed specifically for the Professional speaker
- Ideas, inspiration and advice from the best speakers in the business
- Access to exclusive speaker business-building information, including CDs, DVDs, webinars and access to an exclusive members-only website and social media groups
- Guidance on how to generate revenue through books, products and licensing
After your first year, you'll pay an annual renewal fee of only $465--giving you a whole new year's worth of benefits such as, Speaker magazine, ongoing listings in our speaker directory, and discounts to NSA meetings.
Take the first steps becoming an NSA member and contact us today.
Questions about our membership requirements? Call (480) 968-2552.
Don't qualify for Professional membership yet? Join the Academy for Professional Speaking, a membership program designed for aspiring speakers still honing their professional profile.