Certified Speaking Professional® (CSP) Certification
Be Recognized at the Highest Level: Get Certified
As a member of NSA, you can also start preparing for the Certified Speaking Professional® (CSP) designation. Conferred by the National Speakers Association, the CSP is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform competence. When you earn your CSP designation, meeting professionals looking to hire the best of the best will see your commitment to the profession, know you have top-notch speaking ability and a track record of professionalism and success.
Only a little more than 12 percent of speakers worldwide currently hold this credential. This means you’ll be recognized as one of the best in your field and set yourself apart for an even more successful speaking career.
The CSP designation is earned through demonstrating competence in professional standards:
- Platform skills
- Business management
Where do I start?
Start the process to earn your CSP for 2015 submission. The deadline to apply is Monday, January 12, 2015.
- Professional member in good standing of NSA or a member association of the GSF for 12 continuous months (1 year) immediately prior to submitting your application
- No education credits required.
- Attend the Professional Competencies session AND Professional Business Ethics session, or purchase and listen to session recordings, within 10 years prior to submitting your application. Recordings are available for purchase through the Live Learning Center by clicking on the links below:
- Document 250 presentations and fees paid given in the past ten years. Download Template.
- A speech is defined as a live spoken presentation delivered to a live audience of 3 or more attendees. The speech may be delivered in person, or virtually.
- Demonstrate earnings of $50,000 per year* for five of the ten years. (Years do NOT have to be consecutive.) *GSF applicants please contact Sarah.
- The fee paid for a presentation and/or revenue generated from same day product sales count as your income.
- Provide names of 20 individual clients willing to complete an online evaluation on your behalf. Download Template.
- Submit video recording of a full, in-person, non-edited presentation, 90 minutes or less, or at least a continuous non-edited 60-minute excerpt from an appreciably longer presentation for review by a four member CSP panel. The panel wants to see a presentation that is representative of what you get paid for, and of your skills.
- Salaried employees may be eligible to apply.