Certified Speaking Professional® (CSP) Certification
Be Recognized at the Highest Level: Get Certified
As a member of NSA, you can also start preparing for the Certified Speaking Professional® (CSP) designation. Conferred by the National Speakers Association, the CSP is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform competence. When you earn your CSP designation, meeting professionals looking to hire the best of the best will see your commitment to the profession, know you have top-notch speaking ability and a track record of professionalism and success.
Only the top 10 percent of speakers earn this credential, which means you’ll be recognized as one of the best in your field and set yourself up for an even more successful speaking career.
The CSP designation is earned through demonstrating competence in professional standards:
- Platform skills
- Business management
Where do I start?
Start the process to earn your CSP using one of two application options for 2014 submission.
- Professional member in good standing of NSA or a member association of the GSF for 36 continuous months (3 years) immediately prior to submitting your application
- Earn 32 education credits within six years prior to submitting your application.
- Document clients, presentations and fees paid for five of the past six years.
- A presentation is defined as a program delivered to a live audience of 15 or more attendees.
- Qualify using one of four business model options based on total clients, presentations and income.
- The fee paid for a presentation counts as your income.
- Submit 20 testimonials from 20 different clients listed on your application.
- Send performance evaluations to clients to receive 20 completed evaluations.
- Only self-employed, income-earning professional speakers are eligible to apply.
(For additional details, please contact Sarah at Sarah@NSAspeaker.org)
- Professional member in good standing of NSA or a member association of the GSF for 12 continuous months (1 year) immediately prior to submitting your application
- No education credits required.
- Document 250 presentations and fees paid given in the past ten years. Download Template.
- A speech is defined as a live spoken presentation delivered to a live audience.
- Demonstrate earnings of $50,000 per year* for five of the ten years. (*GSF applicants please contact Sarah.)
- The fee paid for a presentation and/or revenue generated from same day product sales count as your income.
- Provide names of 20 individual clients willing to complete an online evaluation on your behalf. Download Template.
- Submit video recording of a full, in-person, non-edited presentation for review by a four member CSP panel.
- Salaried employees may be eligible to apply.