Influence 2018 Call for Proposals
We want your expertise!
Submit a presentation today for Influence 2018 • The Premier Event for Professional Speaking, to be held July 14-17, 2018 in Dallas, TX.
Influence is a celebration of professional speaking, and an opportunity to connect with colleagues. It’s also a forum for learning new strategies to increase speaking engagements, improve stage presence, increase social media value, apply the newest technologies, make more money, and develop in-demand products.
For this Influence, we have three goals for participants:
- To connect and collaborate through social media.
- To deliver more impactful how-to presentations.
- To leave each breakout session with action items for 30, 60 and 90 days from Influence that they will be able to implement into their business.
We are looking for sessions that:
- Provide HOW-TO’s and real-world applications
- Are relevant and timely
- Include interactive learning styles that involve audience collaboration
- Social media
- Platform skills
- Sales & marketing (online)
- Sales & marketing (from the platform)
- How to run a speaking business (hiring staff, writing contracts, prospecting, etc.)
- Online education (creating content, marketing, etc.)
- Networking/relationship building
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the Influence 2018 planning team based on content, format and presenter credentials. Some questions the reviewers will consider:
- Content: Is the information timely, relevant and innovative? Does it align with one of NSA’s professional competencies? Do the description and learner outcomes clearly state what participants will take from this session? Does this session provide strong HOW-TO’s for participants?
- Format: Is the session format conducive for adult learners? Does the session involve audience participation? Does the session address all learner types? Are there interesting elements in the format that could serve as a model?
- Presenter: Is the presenter knowledgeable, experienced and credible on the proposed topic? Did the presenter receive positive recommendations from credible NSA members?
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to reach over a thousand professional speakers at the world’s most important speaking event.
Submission deadlines for all proposals: September 29, 2017.
Here’s what you’ll need to prepare:
- Your bio (up to 100 words)
- Your title, description and three (3) learning objectives/takaways for the session
- Actions for participants of your session to be doing 30, 60 and 90 days from the presentation
- A description of exactly how you will engage and promote interactivity
- A 75-minute session: 60 minutes of learning and 15 minutes of interaction
- A video of you presenting. It does not have to be you presenting the session you are writing the proposal for – we just want to see you on stage. Please do not include your demo reel for this.
Only those proposals submitted via our online form will be considered. Everyone who submits a proposal will be contacted by December 31. You can preview the breakout session proposal form (.PDF) and/or youth proposal form (.PDF) to prepare for your submission.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at Meetings@NSAspeaker.org.
Thank you for your continued support of the National Speakers Association.